December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas


It doesn't feel very much like Christmas now that Shane Warne has retired from cricket. Its like being given a lump of coal in your stocking. Next thing you know, we'll lose our best pace bowler and wicket-keeper/batsman...

Christmas time again. I am now on annual leave for 6 weeks. I haven't had a break like that since I took a year off 2 and half years ago. I am astoundingly lucky. We are off to France to have a bit of a ski, and then to Belgium to catch up with some absolutely super friends.

2006 was a bit of a shitter of a year for me. Major personal disasters and then waking up one day in the burbs. This is nothing compared to the lives of some. I am astoundingly lucky. I will know by the end of the year if we have a farm in Margaret River. I would not have expected that to happen at the start of the year. Yet, it has, and we are now all excited about buying a tractor. Mortgages aside, there is really nothing to complain about. We cannot do all the things we had hoped to and dreamed of, but we have a good old crack at the others.

I like Christmas. I like celebrating the birth of a great man. Jesus had a good message: Love one another. 2006 years later, it rarely sounds like that same simple message. 2006 years is a long time to play chinese whispers.

One more thing. I miss my friends living overseas. Why is it we all only got to live in the same place for that amount of time? Have a great Christmas and we'll see you about.

I was going to put up a funny photo of us saying merry Christmas, but that would have been silly.

(Changed my mind. Merry Christmas!)

No comments: