December 19, 2006

The Ashes

Posted by Picasa After feeling the pain of an Ashes defeat 15 months ago in England, McGrath said he had no sympathy for the opposition who had handed back the urn in just 15 days of cricket. "You don't feel too much for them," he said. "I remember standing on The Oval last year watching England celebrate when they won the Ashes. "I'm sure everyone else in Australia who met up with any England supporter since then has really copped it, so no, we don't feel sorry for them. Order has been restored."

Order has been restored. That is exactly what one of my companions said to me ysterday as we walked away from the WACA ground after having watched the Third Test of the Ashes. All is well.

I can't find the words to talk about Adam Gilchrist yet. The third day was a spectacular batting festival from various geniuses in the game of cricket; and from one Uber Genius, our Gilly. It was all too much for me at one stage that I needed to sit in the St John's cool room with the TV on. I ran out of there when Hussey was on 80. I wasn't going to miss his century. That was just the start of it.

I have some more pics and vid of the victory ball. They'll go up soon.

No comments: